Head Chef Scott's Sea Trout Recipe
Pan fried sea trout, jersey royal new potatoes, wild mushrooms, samphire, beetroot puree and a cherry tomato, caper, and shallot dressing
- 4 x 7oz sea trout fillet portions, pin boned and scaled
- Rapeseed oil
- Maldon sea salt
- 500g x jersey royale potatoes, washed
- 2 x sprigs of thyme
- 300g x samphire, washed
- 400g x mixed wild mushrooms, halved and washed
- 250g x cooked beetroot
- 1tsp x caster sugar
- 1tsp x balsamic vinegar
- 150g x unsalted butter
- 8 x cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 x banana shallot finely diced
- 2 tsp x chopped chives
- 2 tsp x baby capers
- 200ml x olive oil
- Salt and white pepper for seasoning
- To make the dressing, mix together the capers, cherry tomatoes, diced shallot, olive oil, chives and the juice and zest of half a lemon, season with salt and pepper and leave in the fridge for 1 hour for the flavours to infuse.
- Place the beetroot, balsamic vinegar and sugar in a food processor and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of salted water with the thyme and 50g of butter, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes until cooked, drain and set aside.
- Place a good splash of rapeseed oil in a large non-stick frying pan and heat until the oil is almost smoking, season the sea trout with a good pinch of sea salt and place skin side down in the pan. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for 3 minutes to crisp the skin, turn the sea trout over and continue cooking for a further 3 minutes, once the fish is cooked finish with 50g of butter and a good squeeze of lemon juice, remove the trout from the pan and place on kitchen paper.
- Put 50g of butter in a frying pan over a high heat and once foaming add the mushrooms and turn down the heat to medium. Season with salt and pepper, cook for two minutes and then add the new potatoes and samphire and cook for a further minute. Drain on to kitchen paper.
- To assemble the dish, decorate the plate with dots of beetroot puree, evenly distribute the samphire, potatoes and mushrooms between four plates, place the sea trout on top and then finish with the dressing.
Recent News & Offers
The Bear's Paw receives a Silver Star Award from AA
Thursday 6 April
Beef Wellington Recipe
Tuesday 4 April
Spring Drinks of the Season
Tuesday 4 April
If you'd like to keep in touch with our latest news & offers, please sign up for our emails below.